What is a prayer zone partner?
Simply, a prayer zone partner is a person who prays for the school, community, and church. Check out the info below on ways to pray and what to pray for.
Ways to pray:
1. Develop a school of the week rotating prayer list. List one school a week in church announcements and distribute to prayer groups.
2. Pray for the School of the Week (from the church bulletin) at home.
3. Pray as you drive through a school zone.
4. Distribute Prayer Zone Partners® brochures and stickers to increase awareness in your church.
5. Schedule a Sunday service to promote prayer for students, schools, and the community through the Prayer Zone Partners® strategy.
1. Pray for your lunch every day.
2. Pray silently for the students sitting around you at the beginning of every class.
3. Pray as you walk between classes.
4. Pray for your school during See You at the Pole every September.
5. Kneel and pray for 30 seconds every day in the hallway or in front of your locker.
What to Pray For
Pray for the school.
Students are in the most strategic position to reach their schools with the message of the gospel.
Pray for effective campus missionaries and clubs
Pray that everyone on campus will receive a clear presentation of the gospel.
Pray for the safety of students and staff
Pray for the community.
Students' lives are influenced by more than just their schools.
Pray that God would bless their homes with peace.
Pray for safety in the places students like to hang out.
Pray for the businesses that are in position to have a positive influence on students.
Pray for the church.
Students who make a decision to follow Christ must be incorporated into a healthy, Bible-believing church.
Pray that students will be loved and accepted by your church.
Pray that the adults in your church will become role models and spiritual mentors.
Pray for all the ministries in your church that deal with students.
PZP's and Your Church
Make Prayer Zone Partners® a vital ministry of your church by following this plan:
- Schedule a Sunday service in which to promote the ministry of prayer through Prayer Zone Partners®.
- Order enough brochures and static stickers for everyone in the congregation.
- Do a Sunday morning presentation of Prayer Zone Partners® to the church. Sermon ideas and bulletin inserts are available for free download.
- Distribute a brochure to everyone in the congregation either in the church bulletin or through student ushers.
- Give a brief presentation on the ministry of Prayer Zone Partners®, including the use of the static sticker, and ask people to personally sign up as a PZP.
- Use student ushers to collect the sign-ups as the people leave the service.
- Provide a static sticker to everyone who returns a completed PZP form.
- Copy the data for your records and forward the data or forms to the national Youth Alive® office.
- Begin a regular communication to all the PZPs in your church. Keep them informed of the answered prayers and great victories in your campus ministry.
Studying the Scripture draws us to become like Him.
God’s Spirit illuminates the truth of Scripture to transform hearts, expose sin, and invite us into God's purpose.
A personal decision to engage with the Bible prepares us to give an answer for the hope within us.